How can I change the editor view in Studio 2015 so it becames like for Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 7, 2016

I use both version now (prefer to use Studio 2014) as one customer requires me to use the latest version of Studio. What I don't like with the latest version is the editor view: the icons are too small, it was much easier with the bigger icons in the earlier version to get an immediate view of 100 % matches and repetitions and which segments has a green checkmark.

In fact, I haven't found much difference between the two versions (probably there will be much more difference with the coming Studio 2017 with adapted machine translation and everything).

So I wonder if there is any way I can change to the same layout (bigger icons) in Studio 2015 as I have in Studio 2014?

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:11
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Did you try to increase font size? Oct 8, 2016

I use 14 points fonts as a minimum and IMO the editor is quite good. I don't even remember the editor of 2014. The stupid thing with 2015 is that it always opens on the laptop screen, and I have to drag it to the working screen every time.

[Bearbeitet am 2016-10-08 06:44 GMT]

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The same font size Oct 8, 2016

I think it's the same font size, but I don't think it has anything to do with it. What I don't like in Studio 2015's editor view is that the green checkmark is much smaller. In Studio 2014 it was larger so that I immediately without hesitating could see whether a segment had been confirmed or not. That's not the case with the editor view in Studio 2015, I hesitate whether the segment has been confirmed when there are neighbouring segments which are 100 % (of which some are not yet confirmed). It was a much clearer distinction in Studio 2014's editor view between unconfirmed and unconfirmed segments when many of the segments are 100 %, and this was important because green colour is used for 100 % match and also for the check marks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I change the editor view in Studio 2015 so it becames like for Studio 2014?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search