Trados: some tags visible in the TM window but not in the editor, how to copy them to target?
Thread poster: Marco Dozzi
Marco Dozzi
Marco Dozzi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:11
German to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a proofreading project in Trados (2014) that I have to finish tonight (source document is in Word), and I'm having a problem. The agency sent me an "Xbench QA" Excel file that shows what appear to be auto-generated "anomalies" (I wouldn't call them all "errors") in the document. One of the categories is "Tag Mismatch." For every segment listed under this heading, the problem is that there are no tags visible either in the "source" or "target" view of the edito
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have a proofreading project in Trados (2014) that I have to finish tonight (source document is in Word), and I'm having a problem. The agency sent me an "Xbench QA" Excel file that shows what appear to be auto-generated "anomalies" (I wouldn't call them all "errors") in the document. One of the categories is "Tag Mismatch." For every segment listed under this heading, the problem is that there are no tags visible either in the "source" or "target" view of the editor, but I DO see the tags in the Translation Memory window above the editor. I tried copying and pasting the tags from the TM window to the target text in the editor, but it doesn't work. Can anyone explain to me what's going on and how I can fix it?

It would be great if I could get an answer soon - the file is due tomorrow morning! Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Show them tags Oct 8, 2016

File > Options > Editor > somewhere in the middle of the right hand part of the window: Formatting display style. Try "show all tags but do not show formatting" or "show all formatting and tags."
Does that help?

Marco Dozzi
Marco Dozzi  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Oct 8, 2016

You just saved my life! Dank je

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: some tags visible in the TM window but not in the editor, how to copy them to target?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »