No access to SDL TMS and SDL FTP servers from Australia (geo-blocking issue?)
Thread poster: Walter Strbad
Walter Strbad
Walter Strbad
Germany
Local time: 16:59
English to German
Oct 12, 2016

Hello,

I am currently working for SDL in Germany and will be staying in Australia from mid-November 2016 to mid-April 2017.

During my stay in Australia last year, I could not login to SDL TMS and did not have access to the SDL FTP servers.

I think there might be some kind of geo-blocking that prevents access to SDL TMS/FTP from Australia.

(I am travelling a lot and never had any SDL access problems from other countries, including Indonesia, Fre
... See more
Hello,

I am currently working for SDL in Germany and will be staying in Australia from mid-November 2016 to mid-April 2017.

During my stay in Australia last year, I could not login to SDL TMS and did not have access to the SDL FTP servers.

I think there might be some kind of geo-blocking that prevents access to SDL TMS/FTP from Australia.

(I am travelling a lot and never had any SDL access problems from other countries, including Indonesia, French Polynesia, Costa Rica, etc.)

Are there any (freelance) translators working for SDL from Australia who have experienced similar issues?
Any suggestions for a workaround?

Thanks!
Collapse

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 15:59
RE: No access to SDL TMS and SDL FTP servers from Australia (geo-blocking issue?) Oct 12, 2016

Hello Walter,

Please contact your line manager at SDL.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Walter Strbad
Walter Strbad
Germany
Local time: 16:59
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
RE: No access to SDL TMS and SDL FTP servers from Australia (geo-blocking issue?) Oct 16, 2016

Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for your reply. I have already contacted the vendor management at SDL but unfortunately they couldn't help me with that problem. This is why I posted in the proz.com forum, hoping to reach freelance translators or SDL employees who expirienced similar problems while working from abroad.

Kind regards,
Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No access to SDL TMS and SDL FTP servers from Australia (geo-blocking issue?)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »