Thread poster: Caroline Le Cavelier

Caroline Le Cavelier  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:31
German to French
+ ...
Oct 13, 2016

Dear all,

I use SDL Trados Studio. So far, everything was ok. I could attach TMs to a project without any problem.
Suddenly, this doesn't work anymore. I can't add any TM anymore. I receive the message: "general massive catastrophic system failure".

I've contacted the SDL Trados Support which wasn't helpful at all. I've deinstalled and reinstalled the software, restored my laptop to an earlier date as I thought it might be a Windows 10 problem. But nothing helped.

I use Windows 10 and SDL Trados Studio 2015.

Can anybody help me?
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Direct link Reply with quote

Roberto Lombino  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 21:31
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Buona sera "general massive catastrophic system failure" Oct 13, 2016

This happened to me also this morning. I have never seen in my life such a message, nor as a programmer in c/c++.

I think it is also related to the last updates to windows 10, but i am not sure about that.

Good luck to all

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"general massive catastrophic system failure" when adding TMs to a project

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search