Update Loop
Thread poster: James Hodges

James Hodges  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:15
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Oct 13, 2016

I have just updated to the latest version of SDL Trados 2015. The update seems to have worked, however, the application that checks for updates seems to have hit a loop. I get this message repeatedly:

"The update application has been updated and must restart in order to continue."

The only problem is when I do restart the update application nothing happens. The same message just appears, again and again. Rather irritating.

Solution?

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 14:15
RE: "The update application has been updated and must restart in order to continue." Oct 13, 2016

Dear Mr Hodges,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Paul Filkin suggested a resolution to this message appearing in loop in the SDL Community: https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/8005

Kind regards,

Guillaume

[Edited at 2016-10-13 15:16 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:15
English
Perhaps a more relevant response... Oct 13, 2016

... is this one as it is a little different:

https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/8965#pi6614filter=answers&pi6614scroll=false

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

James Hodges  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:15
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the feedback. Oct 14, 2016

I seem to have got this sorted. I followed Paul's advice and killed automatic update checks in the options menu. Cheers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update Loop

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search