Batch Task API - Empty IText Fields
Thread poster: Dadrewster569
Dadrewster569
United States
Oct 13, 2016

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking questions like this, but I'm currently developing plugins using the Batch Task API. Right now, I am running into a bit of a bug and I'm pretty sure it has to do with how Trados Studio handles empty IText items.

Within the UI, I know it is more than possible to have an empty source or target block, but under the hood, is it possible to have a blank IText item or does Trados Studio just prune it out?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jesse Good
Japan
Local time: 01:09
Japanese to English
It's possible Oct 14, 2016

Trados won't remove empty IText objects by default.
I believe you would have to do that yourself if that is your goal.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Batch Task API - Empty IText Fields

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search