Populating untranslated files with target language translation from already translated file/project
Thread poster: Dan4
Dan4
Kazakhstan
Oct 14, 2016

Hello everyone,

I am new to Trados and need urgent help!

Can somebody please tell me how to do this?

I have multiple related files from one client and I had to open each doc within the file as a one-doc project since I couldn't get Trados to open them in as a single project.

Now a lot of entire sentences and words are the same across most of these files and I need to know if there is a way to get what I have already translated to populate other files that match perfectly with that first translated file.

Common sense tells me there must be a way to do this but I just can't figure out how to by myself.

Please help I need this urgently as my deadline is approaching fast.

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Populating untranslated files with target language translation from already translated file/project

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search