Thread poster: Alice Wolfe, DDS

Alice Wolfe, DDS  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:29
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Oct 14, 2016

I have used Studio 2015 since the upgrade was available and have updated along the way. In the last few days Studio has started to behave strangely. When I first open it, it works fine for a little while, and then the text I write starts to lag a little. Everything then starts to lag, mainly Microsoft applications, such as Outlook, Word etc. Lag time on everything. I have tried the repair function in the Control Panel, but not gone whole hog and uninstalled/reinstalled. I am of course under a tight deadline and any help would be appreciated!
Alice

Direct link Reply with quote

Paulo Eduardo - Pro Knowledge  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:29
Member (2008)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
lag: Oct 15, 2016

What I did, on win 10, was type start-up and entered the task-manager and saw what was running in back-ground and disabled stuff which I considered affected the performance, both in the start-up in the Processes tags, then started-up again. I didn´t delete any as I am not an expert. Maybe some colleague can help with some better solution...

[Edited at 2016-10-15 09:12 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 lags a few seconds

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search