Default task sequence NOT RUNNING when Translating Single Documents
Thread poster: Cristine_
Cristine_
Romania
Local time: 22:30
Oct 15, 2016

At File-Options-Default Task Sequence I have selected Prepare without project TM, which includes the Pre-Translate batch task, but when I translate a file using Translate Single Document, this default task sequence or at least the Pre-Translate batch task is not run by default when I open my document in Studio 2015, namely my translation from the TM is NOT applied. Moreover, if I select the source language in the Files view, click on Batch Tasks-Custom-Prepare without project TM, it is not run either.
The only way I could run the Pre-Translate task was by running it manually from the Projects view-Batch Tasks. But in this case you have to run each batch task separately.
Am I missing something? I would really appreciate your support because I am very intrigued by this. I could not get an answer even after hours of research by reading the SDL knowledge base, help section etc. Please help

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 21:30
French to German
+ ...
This is normal behavior for "Translate Single File" Oct 15, 2016

Christine

The tasks and task sequences are only run for "normal projects", but not when you use the simplified workflow "Translate single file".

In this case, you need to run the tasks such as Pretranslate, Analyze, etc. manually.

This is one (but not the only) reason why we recommend to always create projects and use different project templates for your various workflow scenarios.

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Default task sequence NOT RUNNING when Translating Single Documents

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search