Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 14:46
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Oct 17, 2016

Dear colleagues,

Today, Studio 2015 asked me to to do a update. I accepted. I don't know if it is related but tonight I tried to create a project and at the end I have this screen.

20161017_220942

Thank you in advance for your help.
Sandrine

Direct link Reply with quote

Lucy Leite  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:46
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same issue here Oct 17, 2016

Hi Sandrine,

I'm having the same problem here after an update. Plus, my TM isn't recognized in any file. I've posted another thread for this issue.

Let's see if we get any reply. I'll keep an eye on your thread too.

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Impossible to work anymore with Studio 2015 Oct 18, 2016

Dear colleagues,

To SDL team: I regret that nobody answered to solve this problem!!!! I have a huge project to do for this week and I can't use anymore Studio 2015 because of the latest update I accepted. Now I saved a single sdlxliff and when I reopen it, I have the following message: "ce type de fichier n'est pas pris en charge"!!!

What's going on with Studio??????

I regret sincerely to update Studio 2011 to 2015. Since I bought the Studio 2015, I encountered various problem!!!

Thank you Lucy for your answer, I don't feel alone in this pain!!!!

Sandrine

Spain
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Uninstalled updates Oct 18, 2016

Hi Sandrine,

I asked for help in SDL community and a technician was kind enough to log my problem with SDL support team. I got a message from SDL Support saying that, as I don't have a Support Contract, they can't do anything to help me. Don't I just love SDL?

So what I did was: in Windows Control Panel, I've uninstalled all updates since yesterday. The issues have improved, but it's still not working as before.

It's a pity SDL has such lame support. I understand why so many people are moving to memoQ.

[Edited at 2016-10-18 12:47 GMT]

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Lucy Oct 18, 2016

Thank you for your information. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Studio 2015 and I still have the same problem. So no way to work with How to do with my projects. SDL put me in a difficult situation.

Before buying Studio 2015 I was hesitating with MemoQ and now I am thinking again about it.

I am upset by the non reactive attitude of SDL Team!

Sandrine

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Uninstalled updates Oct 18, 2016

Hi Lucy,

I am just following up this and see that the support request was logged at 12.30hrs and our support team responded to you at 13.52 and offered to do a remote support session with you.
Have support been able to assist you?
Or is this ongoing?

Kr

SDL_Steve

Spain
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Waiting... Oct 18, 2016

Hi Steve,

I replied saying they could log into my system, but I've still got reply from them.

Thanks,

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Oct 18, 2016

I found the solution, when creating the file, DON'T close the project till finish because then it is impossible to reopen it. So the solution : LET THE COMPUTER SWITCH ON!

By the way, I am quite surprised that we are only 2 persons encountered problems after the yesterday update.

Sandrine

United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Waiting.... Oct 18, 2016

Ok Lucy,

Please leave this with me.
I will follow up on this for you.

Kr
SDL_Steve

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And what about my case? Oct 18, 2016

Thank you Steve for helping Lucy. And what about me? What I have to do? No global solutions? Shall I have to enter also a claim?

United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
And what about my case? Oct 18, 2016

Hi Sandrine,

No of course not I am following this up on your behalf too.

A few of our people are looking at this and are baffled why so few instances (to my knowledge only three users worldwide) have come to light.
Once we know why this is happening we can move fast to provide a solution.

Kr

SDL_Steve

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hopefully Oct 18, 2016

I can still use Studio 2011 without any problem (I can open, close and reopen file)!!!

I hope that SDL will solve quickly the problem.

Thank you Steve for your answers.

Sandrine

SDL_Fas
United Kingdom
Support Update Oct 18, 2016

@Sandrine - we will also log a case on your behalf! Please note when we do create the case you may receive an automated reply from the system as @Lucy received about the support contract - so please ignore this as someone will definitely contact you to help with your issue.

Thanks
Fas

Spain
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SDL help Oct 20, 2016

Sandrine, Paul from SDL did contact me and was very kind helping me with the issue.

He did several things on my computer, including repairing the software on Control Panel (which I had tried already) and, mostly importantly, he said I should have all TMs in my virtual machine.

I still get lots of error messages I didn't get before, but I think it has to do with folder locations (I use Studio on Parallels) and as well as with the update.

I hope you have managed to solve your issues.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to finalise the creation of a project

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search