Lucy Leite  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:01
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 17, 2016

Hello,

After updating my Studio 2015 this afternoon, it hasn't been working properly and I don't know what to do.

I translated a file that is in the TM (I've even populated TMs from it, just in case, even though segments are usually added to the TM when I confirm segment). Then my client sent me a second file with very few changes and I'm trying to run the TM on it to translate only the updated segments, but it's as if what I've already translated was not there (and they are mostly exact matches).

I have checked all my settings in Options > Editor > Automation as well as the Project Settings. Everything seems to be correct. I've opened and searched the TM and the segment is there saved.

I've tried to create another TM and populate the translated project there, but it won't do it, the TM remains empty.

Another strange thing that started happening is that the source and target files are not aligned side by side. The source stays in place while the target goes up and down. I don't know if this has anything to do with the TM issue but both problems started at the same time.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thank you so much in advance.

Lucy

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Kolbaba  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
Hello, Oct 18, 2016

try to import the previously translated bilingual SDLXLIFF file directly into your TM.
I believe it will help.
BR, Jan

[Edited at 2016-10-18 08:17 GMT]

Lucy Leite  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The segments are already in the TM Oct 18, 2016

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. The segments are in the TM. When I open it and make a simple search, I can see the segment there. So the issue is not that the translated sdlxliff didn't update the TM. It did. However, it won't populate the new file. It's as if the file doesn't recognize the TM or some issue of the sort.

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:01
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Source & target scrolling separately Oct 18, 2016

It's a feature. See this link:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/254351-trados_studio_2011_the_source_side_of_the_screen_stopped_moving_with_the_target_side.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 - TM isn't recognized

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search