Thread poster: writec

writec
Italy
Local time: 08:51
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 19, 2016

Hi everyone,

I have encountered a serious issue while managing a EN > ZH translation.
I try to describe the process step by step:

1. I have created a brand new project adding a TM
2. I've run the pre-translate
3. I've noticed that some segments are seen as fuzzy even if they're correctly stored in the TM. This happens because it seems that Trados has lost the tags during the pre-translation. The weird thing is that the tags are correctly displayed in the TM results window.

It is not possible to copy and past the segment from the TM, nor to use the "Apply translation" (CTRL+T) option. The only solutions seems to be to insert all the missing tags manually, but this would be a huuuge activity because the project has about 12000 segments.

Here you can see what happens in my SDL Editor.

I hope someone will be able to help me, I can't finish my project until I have found how to solve this problem.

Thank you very much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2015: tags correctly stored in TM disappear after pre-translation

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search