Installation problem - Trados 2015 & Multiterm
Thread poster: SZM

SZM
Local time: 22:00
Member (2004)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 23, 2016

I installed Trados 2015 and Multiterm 3 times on my first computer, without de-installing the old Trados 2009 Studio.
When I open an SDLTM in the new 2015, the source segments in the side-to-side pane appear with an "unknown" font type and with only capital letters.
The more annoying problem is that Multiterm 2015 Desktop does not start at all.

I installed the same software on my second computer just once and successfully.
(I guess the solution will be to re-install Windows 7 on my first computer.)

Did anyone of you experience any problem like this?

Many thanks in advance.

Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Trados installation problem Oct 24, 2016

1) Do you still need SDL Trados Studio 2009?
2) Have you tried reinstalling SDL Trados 2015/MultiTerm 2015 on a different directory?
3) Do you use a registry/temp file cleaning utility such as the free CCleaner by Piriform?

I see no reason to reinstall the operating system. That's a very extreme measure that I would personally reserve when my hard drive is failing, is corrupt or if my Windows installation has been corrupted by malware or a virus.

SZM
Local time: 22:00
Member (2004)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installation problem - still persists Oct 24, 2016

Thank you very much for your help.

1) I will not need 2009 and will de-install it as soon as 2015 will work properly.
2) I tried to re-install SDL Trados 2015/MultiTerm 2015 this afternoon, for the 4th time, and according to the instructions here:
http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/9136.html
3) I ran CCleaner.

Unfortunately, everything was in vain, the problems have remained.

Many thanks for your advices, have a nice week.

quote]Mario Chavez wrote:

1) Do you still need SDL Trados Studio 2009?
2) Have you tried reinstalling SDL Trados 2015/MultiTerm 2015 on a different directory?
3) Do you use a registry/temp file cleaning utility such as the free CCleaner by Piriform?

I see no reason to reinstall the operating system. That's a very extreme measure that I would personally reserve when my hard drive is failing, is corrupt or if my Windows installation has been corrupted by malware or a virus. [/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation problem - Trados 2015 & Multiterm

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search