Trados Studio 2015: message "the file can't be treated" while trying to import a .tmx file
Thread poster: David Baour
David Baour  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:00
German to French
+ ...
Nov 2, 2016

I'm trying to import a translation memory (.tmx file converted from a .txt file, in Wordfast) in a new translation memory I created in Trados Studio 2015. At the end of the importation, I get the following message: "The file can't be treated/processed" (my version is a french one: "Impossible de traiter le fichier"). And when I click on the details of the error, I can read: "No specific languagae in a given region was found for the specified language" ("Aucune langue spécifique à une région n'a été trouvée pour la langue spécifiée").

Does anybody know more about this problem?

All the best

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:00
French to German
+ ...
You need to change the language code Nov 2, 2016

Hi

AFAIR, this is due to the fact that the language codes are not the same in Wordfast as they are in Studio. Studio uses the ISO codes in the form en-GB or fr-FR, etc. whereas Wordfast uses a single 2 letter code that does not distinguish language variants. You need to open the TMX file in a text editor, look for the strings "source-language" and "target-language" and adapt the language codes accordingly.

Once you have done this, you should be able to process the file.

Walter

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:00
German to Swedish
+ ...
Ah, yes Nov 3, 2016

You need to open the TMX file in a text editor, look for the strings "source-language" and "target-language" and adapt the language codes accordingly.

All my high-end professional software is like that. Or is it?

[Bearbeitet am 2016-11-03 13:33 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2015: message "the file can't be treated" while trying to import a .tmx file

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search