Problem with deactivating SDL Trados 2011 Freelance
Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite

Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 01:48
English to French
Nov 7, 2016

Hi,

I am the owner of an SLD Trados 2011 Freelance licence. I need to activate my single licence on the same computer, but now running Windows 10 instead of Windows 7, however SDL My account says the licence is already activated , which is logical since I had it on Windows 7.

Problem: I can't deactivate offline and generate the requested certificate, since I installed Windows 10 over Windows 7, so now I'm stuck with a trial version of SDL Trados 2011.I forgot about the licence procedure and that I could reactivate by deactivating easily online.

I don't any active support plan with SDL, so how am I supposed to contact them to ask them to deactivate the licence to allow me to activate it on my new OS?

Or how should I proceed please?

Regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 01:48
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Anybody? Nov 13, 2016

Hello,

Can anybody help me out?

Regards,

Alexandre.

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:48
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Problem with deactivating SDL Trados 2011 Freelance Nov 14, 2016

Hi Alexandre,

The best (and possibly quickest) place to ask about SDL Studio/licensing is in our free SDL Community portal-

https://community.sdl.com/

However users of Studio 2011 can self serve and reset their license activation.

Simply access your SDL online account and click RETURN LICENSE (as shown below)-

return license

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kr

SDL_Steve

[Edited at 2016-11-14 08:49 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with deactivating SDL Trados 2011 Freelance

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search