Strange error messages after installing new Office 2016
Thread poster: Janaina Ribeiro

Janaina Ribeiro  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:40
English to Portuguese
Nov 11, 2016

Dears,

I have recently installed a new version of the Microsoft Office, and since then I am unable to open Word files in SDL where I get these error messages:

The file was not created by a supported version of Microsoft Word application and will not be processed.

File is not bilingual since 'tw4winMark'is not defined.

I would appreciate any clues on this matter. I have noticed that I have no trouble when opening files previous to my recent software (Office) update.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 21:40
French to German
+ ...
You need Studio 2015 to handle Word 2016 documents Nov 11, 2016

Janaina

You did not mention which version of Studio you use, but if it is prior to 2015, then it is obvious that you can't process Word 2016 documents because Office 2016 came out after Studio 2014.

The solution is to upgrade to Studio 2015/17 or to save the documents in Word 2016 in the previous format.

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange error messages after installing new Office 2016

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search