Translated text colours
Thread poster: marnic
marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 30, 2005

Hello,

after having changed the translated text colours to "leave unchanged", I cannot go back to my usual colour settings (100% red, fuzzy dark green).
They go all red.
I have read the previous threads in this forum but it really doesn't look like a solution, as it was working perfectly fine before without having to pretranslate anything.
Does someone know why Trados (6.5) does not differentiate between 100% and fuzzy matches anymore?

Thanks a lot
... See more
Hello,

after having changed the translated text colours to "leave unchanged", I cannot go back to my usual colour settings (100% red, fuzzy dark green).
They go all red.
I have read the previous threads in this forum but it really doesn't look like a solution, as it was working perfectly fine before without having to pretranslate anything.
Does someone know why Trados (6.5) does not differentiate between 100% and fuzzy matches anymore?

Thanks a lot

Marianna
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:43
English to German
+ ...
More details, please... Apr 5, 2005

Hi Marianna,
Can you please indicate the full version number (go to Help - About... to find out)?

Thanks, Ralf

marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version Apr 5, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Marianna,
Can you please indicate the full version number (go to Help - About... to find out)?

Thanks, Ralf

Sure: Trados 6.5.2.417 (build 417).

Thanks!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:43
English to German
+ ...
Contact Trados support Apr 13, 2005

Hi again,
Generally, I would suggest to upgrade to the latest version (build 441). That said, I'm not sure whether the problem is related.

A few more questions...

- Does the problem occur with one specific document, or generally?
- Could a specific Word formatting (e.g. text colours) be in conflict here?
- Can you describe the settings you changed, in detail?

Basically, one would need to look at the document...

Best regards,... See more
Hi again,
Generally, I would suggest to upgrade to the latest version (build 441). That said, I'm not sure whether the problem is related.

A few more questions...

- Does the problem occur with one specific document, or generally?
- Could a specific Word formatting (e.g. text colours) be in conflict here?
- Can you describe the settings you changed, in detail?

Basically, one would need to look at the document...

Best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will get in contact with Trados Apr 18, 2005

The problem occurs with all types of document regardless of formatting, so I will get in contact with Trados.
Only, I do not have a Support Contract. How's the procedure in this case?
Thanks a lot

Marianna

marnic
marnic
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Support says that Apr 21, 2005

Hello there,

Trados support says that: “When you translate interactively (i.e. opening and closing segments by clicking on the buttons or by using the shortcut keys or menu commands), the colour you've selected for 100% matches will be applied to any translation you confirm with Set/Close (or Set/Close Next Open/Get). Even if you type a new translation, this will be considered as a 100% match as soon as you Set/Close the segment. That's the normal behaviour.”

Now, m
... See more
Hello there,

Trados support says that: “When you translate interactively (i.e. opening and closing segments by clicking on the buttons or by using the shortcut keys or menu commands), the colour you've selected for 100% matches will be applied to any translation you confirm with Set/Close (or Set/Close Next Open/Get). Even if you type a new translation, this will be considered as a 100% match as soon as you Set/Close the segment. That's the normal behaviour.”

Now, my question is: what’s the point in colour-coding during interactive translation if everything is displayed in the same colour anyway?

During the last revision stage, I usually hide source text to focus on the translated text: I won’t be able to spot repetitions by colours nor by any other visual means.

But the big mystery is: it was working differently before, i.e. target text no match was one colour, target text fuzzy match (higher than 75%) was another, and 100% matches were still another. This is true for Wordfast as well, which also makes a clear distinction between target no match and target fuzzy (setup/col).
Why all this is no more in Trados and why everybody else thinks it’s normal I really don’t understand.

Thanks for your insights.

P.S. I have upgraded to the latest version (441)...

Marianna
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text colours

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »