Thread poster: Amandine Léonard

Amandine Léonard
Belgium
Local time: 03:04
Dutch to French
+ ...
Nov 12, 2016

Hello,
I am trying to use the bold/italics and underline buttons in a project where I am using .mqxlz files provided by the client directly, but they seem disabled (they appear in light grey and I cannot click on them).
This is not the first time it happens, sometimes it happens with SDL Xliff files, and in my case, it's pretty annoying as every time I have a quotation I am trying to remove the italics from the source language as I only need the quotation marks (using both the italics and the quotation marks in a quote in French would be redundant).
Is this something I could change in the settings?
It's not even like I can change that in the target file as I simply don't have it. Only the .mqxlz...
I can't even click on "Clear Formatting" and of course the shortcuts won't work either.
Thanks in advance.

Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
You can try to reset the windows layout Nov 12, 2016

Amandine Léonard wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to use the bold/italics and underline buttons in a project where I am using .mqxlz files provided by the client directly, but they seem disabled (they appear in light grey and I cannot click on them).
This is not the first time it happens, sometimes it happens with SDL Xliff files, and in my case, it's pretty annoying as every time I have a quotation I am trying to remove the italics from the source language as I only need the quotation marks (using both the italics and the quotation marks in a quote in French would be redundant).
Is this something I could change in the settings?
It's not even like I can change that in the target file as I simply don't have it. Only the .mqxlz...
I can't even click on "Clear Formatting" and of course the shortcuts won't work either.
Thanks in advance.

I tried it and it worked: click on "view", then click on "reset windows layout"

Hope it helps

best!

[Edited at 2016-11-12 17:18 GMT]

Amandine Léonard
Belgium
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Nov 12, 2016

Hello,
Thank you for the answer.
I have tried what you said, but it doesn't work. This button is used for other purposes I think, like where you want to have your terminology appearing, and so on.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Amandine Nov 12, 2016

I think this is due to imported file format (.mqxlz). I have always the same problem with .txml files.

Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Format buttons disabled?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search