Error: position of fields is/are changed across the paragraph or field insertion is repeated.
Thread poster: Frank Zou

Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 14:43
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2016

When I try to 'Generate Target Translations" in Studio 2015, it appeared "An error occurred while converting the document back to Microsoft Word format: Position of fields is/are changed across the paragraph or Field insertion is repeated.

I went back to the editor and couldn't find any error there. I don't know what went wrong. anyone can help here? Thanks a lot.

Borbala Kemeny  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 08:43
English to Hungarian
+ ...
resolved? May 17

Hi there,
Have you managed to resolve this issue?
I have just encountered the same, so if you could share this with me, I would be very grateful.

Mariana Beni
United States
SDL Trados support May 17

Have you run, "check tags"?

Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 14:43
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I thought I solved it. May 18

Borbala Kemeny wrote:

Hi there,
Have you managed to resolve this issue?
I have just encountered the same, so if you could share this with me, I would be very grateful.

I'm having trouble remembering how I solved it, but I think I must have converted the original text into a different format (i.e. from .docx to .doc) and put it in the Studio, ran pre-translate, got the result and re-generated it.

Hope it helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: position of fields is/are changed across the paragraph or field insertion is repeated.

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search