Error: position of fields is/are changed across the paragraph or field insertion is repeated.
Thread poster: Frank Zou

Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:18
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2016

When I try to 'Generate Target Translations" in Studio 2015, it appeared "An error occurred while converting the document back to Microsoft Word format: Position of fields is/are changed across the paragraph or Field insertion is repeated.

I went back to the editor and couldn't find any error there. I don't know what went wrong. anyone can help here? Thanks a lot.

Direct link Reply with quote

Borbala Kemeny  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 23:18
English to Hungarian
+ ...
resolved? May 17

Hi there,
Have you managed to resolve this issue?
I have just encountered the same, so if you could share this with me, I would be very grateful.

Mariana Beni
United States
SDL Trados support May 17

Have you run, "check tags"?

Frank Zou  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 05:18
Member (2016)
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I thought I solved it. May 18

Borbala Kemeny wrote:

Hi there,
Have you managed to resolve this issue?
I have just encountered the same, so if you could share this with me, I would be very grateful.

I'm having trouble remembering how I solved it, but I think I must have converted the original text into a different format (i.e. from .docx to .doc) and put it in the Studio, ran pre-translate, got the result and re-generated it.

Hope it helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: position of fields is/are changed across the paragraph or field insertion is repeated.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search