Thread poster: MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 06:02
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
Nov 26, 2016

Can anyone using this version please confirm me if this is actually working? If yes, thanks to provide me with your settings in the Options.
Note: I mean the fragment match for fuzzy match segments (and showing its context), not the one for single 100% match segments.

Thanks very much,
Mike

[Edited at 2016-11-26 17:26 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
It works fine Nov 26, 2016

Did you update your TMs according to the instructions? You need to prepare your TMs in order to be able to benefit from this new feature.

Walter

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Walter, Nov 26, 2016

yes I did that and even more: I exported my TM to a TMX file, I then re-imported into a newly created TM. Then, I did the Translation Modeling and Alignment settings in the settings of the TM, I then have set / enabled options in All Language Pair > Search > checkbox for TU fragments and Match Repair On (which is working fine for me). Also my project has a Project TM and my project settings are identical to the general options.

[EDIT, the TM has grown in size compared to the original from Trados 2015]
My TM has grown from 17000 kb to 28000 kb I remember the modeling process has lasted for about 2 minutes. There was a progress bar and I think all went correctly. In the TM settings is displayed "There is currently no need to build the translation model", same for the Alignment.

I have played changing different numbers for the TU Fragment options (3-2, 2-2 ,2-1) during my translation project, but in vain, it shows fragments for 100% TM matches translated previously, but no "TU Fragment Matches" like those shown in a screenshot of Emma Goldsmith's post:

https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2016/11/17/studio-2017-uplift/

I must have missed something or not set up correctly.

Mike

[Edited at 2016-11-26 22:08 GMT]

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works now! Nov 26, 2016

Now it works because I have repeated the TM > Settings > Fragment modeling and I have set "Search both project and main translation memory" in the project settings (in All Language pairs > Search). I will enable this in the general options too. I notice a longer delay, but that's ok for me. Great feature!

Thank you,
Mike

[Edited at 2016-11-27 09:23 GMT]

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Walter, Nov 27, 2016

Hi Walter,
again thanks for your input. I'd like to ask: Do you use a Project TM when you say the features are working fine? I ask this because the docs say you need a TM of at least 1000 TU to make the TU Fragment Recall working, and my Project TM hardly will fill up that much. I notice that all of the fuzzy Fragment recalls come from my main TM (as set above with "Search both..."). So I guess I need to update my main TM quite often when using a project TM to have this feature in action.

Thanks,
Mike

[Edited at 2016-11-27 09:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: TU Fragment Match working?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search