Trados 2015 Workbench for MS Word 2016
Thread poster: soulfountain
soulfountain
South Korea
Dec 6, 2016

Hello,

I have just installaed Trados 2015 and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it

I have MS Office 2016 installed and trying to work with the MS Word 2016 source file for translations.

Anyways, the question is:

How can I use the Trados 2015 to translate the source file as like the old Trados Workbench?

I need to make the translation on the source file as I need to see the figures and tables and formats and all.

But with Trados 2015, what I see is a tag editor and it won't let me work on the source file.

Can please someone tell me how to directly edit and translate the MS Word 2016 source file?

How I could add-in the MS Word macros like old Trados version?

I have searched google and forums and others, but was unable to find the proper help T.T

I really need your helps.

Thank you very much in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech_
Poland
Local time: 17:19
English to Polish
+ ...
This ship has sunk Dec 6, 2016

Hi,

I'm afraid that it's impossible. Trados Studio since 2009 version doesn't contain the Word macro for translating Word documents. You need to translate it from within the Studio, but it features a Preview mode, so you can see the results of your translation on the fly.

soulfountain
South Korea
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your answer. Dec 6, 2016

thank you for the answer.

I'm really disappointed with that feature.

Now, I guess I need to install older version with 2007 office or something T.T

Thank you again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015 Workbench for MS Word 2016

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search