Add language to Trados 2015
Thread poster: Karen Poot

Karen Poot  Identity Verified

Local time: 16:09
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 6, 2016

Hello all, I recently installed Trados 2015, after having used 2009 till now, and while choosing my languages I did not choose Flemish (Belgian Dutch), as I assumed - as in the 2009 version - it was included in Dutch (the Netherlands). So I would like to add Flemish, but I see I would have to reinstall Trados 2105 all together? Does anybody know an other way?
Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:09
French to German
+ ...
You onyl need to select 5 "base" languages Dec 6, 2016

Hi Karen

When you select one flavour of a language, you can also use all the other flavours of the same base language. As an example, if you select English (UK), you may also use English (US) and English (Trinidad) and English .......

This means that selecting any Dutch flavour should allow you to use all the other flavors such as Flemish without the need to reinstall and reselect the 5 languages.

A hint for the next time you need to select the 5 languages: don't select more than one flavour of the same base language in order to avoid using up your 5 languages too quickly.

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add language to Trados 2015

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search