Pretranslation of next segment(s) in the background.
Thread poster: Tomasz Cieńciała

Tomasz Cieńciała  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:08
Czech to Polish
+ ...
Dec 11, 2016

Hi,

every time I go to next segment I have to wait for several seconds before all translation memories/machine translations/termbases are searched. It takes few seconds.

I'm wondering if it is possible to work on current segment and set Trados to check next x segments for all TM/MT/TB in the background and cache results. That way going to next segment would mean virtually no waiting.

Is something like this currently possible?

[Zmieniono 2016-12-11 15:04 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 20:08
Italian to German
+ ...
Not directly, but there is a solution... Dec 11, 2016

Hi Tomasz,
if you are using the newest Trados version, then the new features (fragment search, match repair) are very demanding and take time to compute, especially if you work with very large databases. To get want you want I advice you to do the following:

Restart your computer and clear the RAM before starting in the Editor with a large project and big databases.
If you work with a Project TM, the search will be that much faster if you just tick 'Concordance' for the large databases and uncheck 'Lookup'.
When you start in Editor, click with your mouse in a content-rich segment, it will take the most time for the first search; wait until the search completes; the subsequent searches should be faster.
There is no live pre-translation, this would slowdown Trados even more, but you can achieve a similar effect by lowering the Auto-Propagate setting to around 60-70.

I hope this helps you,
Mike

[Edited at 2016-12-11 15:15 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pretranslation of next segment(s) in the background.

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search