Studio 2017: TM filters don't appear when exporting
Thread poster: MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 21:42
Italian to German
+ ...
Dec 11, 2016

Hi, In the TM Maintenance section, I have defined and saved various filters (as for project, client), but when I click the TM and chose 'Export' these filters don't appear in the filter list, only 'none' will appear. In the batch delete the filters will appear instead.

Is this a bug, or is there a way to make them appear? It's cumbersome to define them every time on export.

Greets,
Mike

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
TM export does not allow to import filters Dec 11, 2016

Hi Mike

What you describe is unfortunately the default behavior of Studio. The TM Export function does not allow to import/use predefined filter settings, you need to redefine the filter manually each time.

I agree that this is not ideal and could be improved.

I suggest you go to ideas.sdl.com and add the suggestion so that we have a chance to get this in a future release.

Walter

MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Walter, Dec 11, 2016

thank you for your response. I will do so once I have upgraded to the new version (for the moment I'm in Trial mode). I must say that I haven't encountered things that I was unable to do after consulting the help files, so I surely won't complain on this one

Have a nice day!
Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: TM filters don't appear when exporting

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search