https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/309763-studio_2017_tm_filters_dont_appear_when_exporting.html

Studio 2017: TM filters don't appear when exporting
Thread poster: MikeTrans
MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 03:24
Italian to German
+ ...
Dec 11, 2016

Hi, In the TM Maintenance section, I have defined and saved various filters (as for project, client), but when I click the TM and chose 'Export' these filters don't appear in the filter list, only 'none' will appear. In the batch delete the filters will appear instead.

Is this a bug, or is there a way to make them appear? It's cumbersome to define them every time on export.

Greets,
Mike

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
TM export does not allow to import filters Dec 11, 2016

Hi Mike

What you describe is unfortunately the default behavior of Studio. The TM Export function does not allow to import/use predefined filter settings, you need to redefine the filter manually each time.

I agree that this is not ideal and could be improved.

I suggest you go to ideas.sdl.com and add the suggestion so that we have a chance to get this in a future release.

Walter

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Walter, Dec 11, 2016

thank you for your response. I will do so once I have upgraded to the new version (for the moment I'm in Trial mode). I must say that I haven't encountered things that I was unable to do after consulting the help files, so I surely won't complain on this one

Have a nice day!
Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: TM filters don't appear when exporting

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »