Daniel Frisano
Monaco
Local time: 13:04
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 13, 2016

Say my document includes this segment:

"The pressure relief line is also provided with a branch which extends from the pressure relief line upstream of the main pressure relief valve to downstream of the main pressure relief valve."

Later I find this one:

"The pressure relief line 28b is also provided with a branch 28b′ which extends from the pressure relief line 28b upstream of the main pressure relief valve 44 to downstream of the main pressure relief valve 44."

Same thing, plus reference numbers. The second segment will be something like a 93% match to the first one. The problem is, when I first analyzed the file I got zero fuzzy matches in the 85%-94% range. Am I missing something?

Direct link Reply with quote

Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 09:04
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
Internal Fuzzies Dec 13, 2016

You're right, it should be a 92% match, but if that segment it's in the same document/project and not in a linked TM, then it's an internal fuzzy match and by default Trados does not include those in the standard analysis. You need to check the option "Report internal fuzzy leverage matches" in Project Settings / Language Pairs / All Language Pairs / Batch Processing / Analyze Files or when you're prompted for options when running the Analyze File batch task.

Daniel Frisano
Monaco
Local time: 13:04
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 13, 2016

Rossana Triaca wrote:

You need to check the option "Report internal fuzzy leverage matches" in Project Settings / Language Pairs / All Language Pairs / Batch Processing / Analyze Files.

Works like a beauty:

Untitled-2

Newly opened project with empty TM.

[Edited at 2016-12-13 14:14 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't analyze fuzzies properly

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search