Thread poster: Octavio Armendariz

Octavio Armendariz  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:03
Member (2012)
French to English
+ ...
Dec 14, 2016

When I try to insert a date, the date erases the word before it? Can you help. I don't know what setting to change.

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 23:03
Italian to German
+ ...
Setting possibilities Dec 15, 2016

Hi Octavio,
I don't know what causes your problem with dates, but Trados will recognize the date format according to the source/target languages you have chosen (e.g. the US date format inverts day/month values comparing to the European format) and Trados should be able to auto-translate these values correctly; I don't know if it really does, I haven't noticed any problems on my side.

How to setup values for auto-translations, untranslatables etc.? This is a good question because the settings are spread in all sorts of Option Menus. I give you a quick overview, but it's worth studying the Options carefully so you know how Trados works. Also Project Options are only valid for your current project, while File > Options will set values for *all* projects and should be changed more carefully.

Dates, Acronyms, numbers: TM > Settings
Untranslatables: For RTF documents is set in the File Types; Autotext with Autosuggest > Autotext
Quickinsert: Define what you want to be quickinserted in the File Types.

If you make wrong settings in the above options it's possible that Trados would delete parts of the sentences, I guess, it never happened to me, so I don't know.

Greets,
Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 is not inserting the placeables correctly

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search