Thread poster: Birthe Omark

Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:39
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
Dec 21, 2016

I am looking for a very small, thin laptop for away-days allowing me to work away without having to carry along larger (heavier) laptops.
I microsoft solution is of course Microsoft Surface Pro - but how about Lenovo Yoga Book ? The OS is Android, so I fear that it is no-go for Studio or is it?
Any experience?

Birthe

Direct link Reply with quote

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:39
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
You don't have to use Microsoft hardware Dec 21, 2016

Birthe Omark wrote:
I microsoft solution is of course Microsoft Surface Pro - but how about Lenovo Yoga Book ? The OS is Android, so I fear that it is no-go for Studio or is it?

You'll need Windows, not Android. Even it it had Windows, the Yoga Book has an Atom CPU, which is pretty weedy. I'd want something a little faster than that.

I too have been examining small/light Windows notebooks. I have tried the Dell XPS 13 and the HP Spectre x360 in the shops and liked them both. Both are both well put together, light as a feather, attractively designed and cheaper than a Surface Pro of equal performance. Reviews are excellent.

The Surface Pro has had mixed reviews from owners over the past year. When it works, it's apparently wonderful, but browsing the reviews on Amazon leaves one with the impression that it's a bit of a gamble. Microsoft isn't primarily a hardware company and perhaps that shows with the latest Surface.

Dan

Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 17:39
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
If you need a Lenovo Dec 21, 2016

Then you should look for Yoga 910. I have an X1 Yoga and it works really well but it's a pretty expensive platform. The brand new Yoga 910 is a perfect compromise. Apart from that, Dan's choices are excellent. The XPS for the display. The HP it's a gorgeous machine under all aspects.

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:39
English to Italian
+ ...
Screen Dec 21, 2016

Sorry for butting in without an useful contribution for Birthe, but I just wanted to ask whether such a small screen (<15.6") is actually OK for everyday work and not too hard on the eyes.
I usually work on a 15.6", coupled with a 22" external monitor, so 13" kind of feels pretty cramped...
Thanks.

[Edited at 2016-12-21 16:30 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lenovo yoga book for SDL Studio 2017?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search