Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started
Thread poster: Francesco Pircio

Francesco Pircio  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:10
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 24, 2016

Hello!

Suddenly I an getting this error with my Studio 2011 when I try to open it.

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started.

Any idea on how to fix it?

I really need some help as I am getting very being my schedule due to this error.

Thanks and regards,

Francesco Pircio

Direct link Reply with quote

Jesse Good
Japan
Local time: 12:10
Japanese to English
Need to do a reset of Trados Dec 27, 2016

Hi Francesco,

Follow the instructions here:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?articleId=4393#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4393

Windows Vista/7/8/10:

C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Local\SDL: rename the SDL Trados Studio and ProjectApi folder
C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\SDL: rename the SDL Trados Studio and ProjectApi folder
C:\Users\[User_Name]\Documents\Studio [VERSION]: rename the Studio [VERSION folder to Studio [VERSION]_Old

Note that the "AppData" folder is hidden by default.
Note that this will reset Trados Studio to the defaults! This means all projects will need to be added again and any other settings will be lost.

Francesco Pircio  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:10
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS! Dec 27, 2016

Hi Jesse, thank you.

Best regards,

Francesco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Service 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.IProjectManagementService' could not be started

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search