Working with rtf files in trados 2014
Thread poster: Hew
Hew
United Kingdom
English to French
Jan 5

I would like to work on a big amount of files which are rtf bilingual files created with MemoQ and partially translated.
When i open a rtf file in trados, it does not give me the result I want but it adds segment from the target column.
Has anyone the right experience/solution? Pleasebe a s clear as you can. Thx

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 03:34
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
I have done this already... Jan 5

You open the file with Excel Bilingual format. Just tell Trados which is the source column, which is the target column.

Mike

[Edited at 2017-01-05 14:35 GMT]

Hew
United Kingdom
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
reply Jan 5

What do you mean by excel bilingual format? Also The files are word-looking .rtf ones. I tried to open one with excel 2013 but the display is bad.

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
A word file is not always a word file :) Jan 5

Hew wrote:

What do you mean by excel bilingual format? Also The files are word-looking .rtf ones. I tried to open one with excel 2013 but the display is bad.

Word/rtf files with tables should be converted to Excel files which they are, by opening an empty Excel and copy-pasting the content in it. After that you have a 'Bilingual Excel' file, where in one column there is the source, in another column there is the target content (if any).

Mike

Hew
United Kingdom
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Many thanks to Mike Jan 6

MikeTrans wrote:

Hew wrote:

Word/rtf files with tables should be converted to Excel files which they are, by opening an empty Excel and copy-pasting the content in it. After that you have a 'Bilingual Excel' file, where in one column there is the source, in another column there is the target content (if any).

Mike

alessia paoletti  Identity Verified
English to Italian
How to tell Trados which is the source column, which is the target column? May 8

Hi there,

Many thanks for your helpful comments.

After creating the excel document, how do you tell Trados which is the source column, which is the target column?

Thank you

Alessia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with rtf files in trados 2014

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search