Error 1603 when reinstalling licenced Studio 2011 SP2
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 6

I deactivated my Studio 2009 and Studio 2011 licences no problem from a PC I'm about to dump, and then successfully reactivated and installed Studio 2009 (which shows as SP3) on another PC, but I get the 1603 message when I try to reactivate and install Studio 2011 (which shows as SP2). I have a feeling the SP thing is the key, but meanwhile I can't figure out what to do here.

Any ideas?

Mervyn

Direct link Reply with quote

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And ... Jan 6

... meanwhile, I see I'm still allowed to use Studio 2009 on the old machine no problem at all, which means the licence is operational on all 3 machines - my usual one, the one I've transferred the licence to, and the old one. I thought you could only use Studio on two PCs maximum?

Mervyn

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
For what it's worth ... Jan 8

... in the end I redownloaded my Studio 2011 and Multiterm downloads from SDL Trados, and then ran the zips again, and this time it worked and running OK.

It doesn't explain why the old PC can still run a third licence, but obviously I'm not too bothered about that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 1603 when reinstalling licenced Studio 2011 SP2

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search