Thread poster: Hans Näslund

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Local time: 05:28
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 6

I am using Trados Studio 2015, and now and then I get the error message "Invalid query" when trying to open Studio. When this message appears, it is impossible to open the programme, but it usually helps to reboot the computer. However, today even rebooting does net help at all; I have tried several times.

The details of the error message are as follows:

Error_message

What does this mean? And what can I do??

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
Have you tried to run a repair? Jan 6

Running an installation repair will not have any impact on your project files, TMs or TBs.
A reason of this may be that you have installed another Trados on another system, in this case you must 'Return a license' within the licensing system (you cannot use both versions).

Mike

[Edited at 2017-01-06 18:38 GMT]

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Repair installation does not help Jan 7

MikeTrans wrote:

Running an installation repair will not have any impact on your project files, TMs or TBs.
A reason of this may be that you have installed another Trados on another system, in this case you must 'Return a license' within the licensing system (you cannot use both versions).

I have done a repair installation, (twice), but that did not help: I am still getting the Invalid query error message and cannot open Studio 2015.

It is now a year since I moved Studio from my old computer to this one, and until yesterday Studio 2015 has worked perfectly.

It seems that my license is not recognised, but I don't understand how I can correct this, as I don't have access to the software.

I urgently need help!

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Similar problem in Studio 2017 Jan 7

I checked my license status on the SDL license web site, and it looked quite normal. But I saw that I had an upgrade license to Studio 2017 (I had bought and downloaded the installation package, but not installed it yet), so I installed Studio 2017 and upgraded the license.

The installation worked smoothly, and the license seemed to work – but when I then should update Studio 2017 to the current version, the problem started again – the same error message, but with a partly different content:

Error Message Studio 2017

It seems that the license still is not recognised correctly, and it is impossible to start Studio 2017! ¨

What can I do?? I NEED HELP!

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New error Jan 7

I am now trying to migrate projects etc. from Studio 2015 to Studio 2017 with the help of the Studio Migration Utility, but it does not work – when I try to finish the migration, I get the following error message:

Error file version

What is wrong – which file has the wrong version??

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
The fastest way... Jan 7

...to get help is to make a support ticket with SDL and link them to this post.
Ohter than this, (it's saturday so the support may be asleep until monday), if you have 2 different versions installed you should be able to use 1 of them but not both. If I understand well you have Studio 2015 installed somewhere and now the version 2017 installed somewhere; in this case you should be able to run the 2017 version but not the 2015. Just open your projects with the 2017 version by navigating to the project folder of the 2015 version, or copy past your projects into:

[User]\Documents\Studio 2017\Projects

Another possibility is to delete the Trados settings by navigating in the ProgramData or Appdata\Local\SDL folder, but I don't know if this helps.

Mike

[Edited at 2017-01-07 15:28 GMT]

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem disappeared! Jan 10

It seems that all these problems disappeared after a while, and now Studiom 2017 works properly.

The problems had something to do with the licensing, and after Studio 2017 was properly licensed they disappeared. But I also had to retuirn the licence for Studio 2015, which is a bit strange.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Invalid query" when trying to open Trados Studio

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search