Black bar in Trados Studio 2015
Thread poster: Will Kelly
Will Kelly
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
Jan 10

Hi all,

I accidently pressed a combination of keys whilst working in Trados Studio 2015 and a thick black bar appeared above the Termbase Viewer and Term Recognition panes. It says the name of view I'm in (Editor, Files, etc.), but serves no other purpose. I can't find anything in the list of shortcut keys that will clarify what this is and how to get rid of it, but it's irritating and entirely unnecessary. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:07
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Reset Window Layout? Jan 10

You could try this:
Go to the View tab and press Reset Window Layout.

This will undo all other personal adjustments you may have made, so you will have to redo them, but it might be worth the effort.

Will Kelly
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 10

Christine Andersen wrote:

You could try this:
Go to the View tab and press Reset Window Layout.

This will undo all other personal adjustments you may have made, so you will have to redo them, but it might be worth the effort.

Thanks, Christine, but that was the first thing I tried and it doesn't solve the problem.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Please ignore Jan 10

This was incorrect. Should have read better first where your black bar was.

[Edited at 2017-01-10 12:00 GMT]

Wojciech_
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Close Studio Jan 10

Will Kelly wrote:

Hi all,

I accidently pressed a combination of keys whilst working in Trados Studio 2015 and a thick black bar appeared above the Termbase Viewer and Term Recognition panes. It says the name of view I'm in (Editor, Files, etc.), but serves no other purpose. I can't find anything in the list of shortcut keys that will clarify what this is and how to get rid of it, but it's irritating and entirely unnecessary. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Close and open Studio again. The black bar appears when you go to Full Screen and than return to the regular window.

Will Kelly
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 10

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:

Close and open Studio again. The black bar appears when you go to Full Screen and than return to the regular window.

Thanks for the suggestion. This worked, so problem fixed. Incidentally, going to full screen (F11) and then returning to the regular window (F11 again) wasn't what put the black bar there in the first place. I was fumbling with the Ctrl + Shift keys and accidentally hit a letter or number somewhere near top-middle of the keyboard. Anyway, problem solved, so thanks again!

Wojciech_
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Might depend on graphics drivers Jan 10

Will Kelly wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. This worked, so problem fixed. Incidentally, going to full screen (F11) and then returning to the regular window (F11 again) wasn't what put the black bar there in the first place. I was fumbling with the Ctrl + Shift keys and accidentally hit a letter or number somewhere near top-middle of the keyboard. Anyway, problem solved, so thanks again!

In my case it's definitely the Full Screen and return to the normal window that triggers the black horizontal bar with the "Editor" written on it. But it might be graphics driver dependent, I don't know.
Glad, it helped.

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:07
English to Spanish
... Jan 10

Will Kelly wrote:

In my case it's definitely the Full Screen and return to the normal window that triggers the black horizontal bar with the "Editor" written on it. But it might be graphics driver dependent, I don't know.
Glad, it helped.

I have the exact same situation as Wojciech, but other than the horrible black bar, it does not seem to cause any harm.

Funny, but Studio 2014 does not exhibit this behavior, just 2015 and 2017, I just checked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Black bar in Trados Studio 2015

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search