Studio 2015: Multiterm won't open - Unexpected exception when getting view part
Thread poster: Babelfischli

Babelfischli  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:18
French to German
+ ...
Jan 12

I have worked with Studio2015 for a while and everything worked fine, but now all of a sudden I can't open termbases any more, the error message in Studio is "Die COM-Klassenfactory für die Komponente mit CSLID [...] konnte nicht abgerufen werden" (full error message see below), so I tried opening the termbase in Multiterm, which won't open at all but gives the error message "unexpected exception when getting view part".

The KB I found refers to older versions of Trados and Windows and I couldn't find the corresponding files to be deleted on my computer. Just deleting the settings in Studio didn't help either.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help

Die COM-Klassenfactory für die Komponente mit CLSID {12A4009E-2DB3-46E0-9C44-D7740FE9A927} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht abgerufen werden: 8007007e Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

System.IO.FileNotFoundException, mscorlib, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089


SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
8290124 MB

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 07:18
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
Corrupt setting files probably... Jan 12

first reset all window layouts in Studio and try again. If that doesn't change:
Your Studio and MultiTerm has corrupt setting / program files for some reasons. Delete the settings in
[User]\Appdata\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio \12.000
and the MultiTerm settings in MultiTerm12 folder.
When restarting then these files get written again. If this doesn't help, launch a repair for Studio and MultiTerm and try again. As a final solution, you will have to re-install the packages and patch them again with latest CUs.


[Edited at 2017-01-12 13:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Babelfischli  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:18
French to German
+ ...
Problem solved... Jan 12

I have in the meantime un-installed and re-installed MultiTerm completely, as I had to get on with my work. Luckily this did the job, though I still wonder how my setting files can go corrupt just like that !

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: Multiterm won't open - Unexpected exception when getting view part

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search