Studio 2014 unable to open multiple files in a (2015 or) 2017 package from customer
Thread poster: viking modena

viking modena  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:38
Member (2012)
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
Jan 12

It has happened lately with a couple of customers.

When I try to open two or more files in a package created in a newer Studio version, I get a double error:

An unexpected error occurred while activating the document view.
Check out required to modify this document

This means that I cannot handle multiple files as a a single one, but can only open them one beside the other.

No other problems and the customer can get a fully working package from me afterwards, but of course this means that I cannot search/replace in "one" file, but need to repeat some changes in xxx files.

Any hint, apart from:

- upgrade (it sounds unnecessarily expensive simply for this)
- make a new package here and merge files together, then split them before making the return package to customer (= retranslating with updated TM)

?

Thank you in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 unable to open multiple files in a (2015 or) 2017 package from customer

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search