https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/310967-trados_2015_2017_will_these_still_run_correctly_if_i_change_java_32_bit_to_java_64_bit.html

Trados 2015/2017: will these still run correctly if I change Java 32-Bit to Java 64-Bit?
Thread poster: MikeTrans
MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 13:25
Italian to German
+ ...
Jan 21, 2017

Hello,
I have to change my installed Java that is all 32-Bit to the newest Java 64-Bit. What I have currently installed and all activated are these 32-Bit versions:
1.8.0_111
1.8.0_40
1.8.0_25
1.6.0_24

Is the following scenario the correct one: I deactivate all these versions in the Java Settings and then simply install the newest Java 64-Bit ?
In the case I have some (older) programs that need the above versions, I would need to deactivate all 64
... See more
Hello,
I have to change my installed Java that is all 32-Bit to the newest Java 64-Bit. What I have currently installed and all activated are these 32-Bit versions:
1.8.0_111
1.8.0_40
1.8.0_25
1.6.0_24

Is the following scenario the correct one: I deactivate all these versions in the Java Settings and then simply install the newest Java 64-Bit ?
In the case I have some (older) programs that need the above versions, I would need to deactivate all 64-Bit versions and re-activate the 32-Bit ones.

I'm not very enlighted to do all this, but a CAT I want to use works best with the latest 64-Bit Java. My concern is that Trados 2015/2017 should still run flawlessly after these changes, I will set anyway a restore point in Windows for preventing problems, but thank you very much to let me know what you think about this scenario, AFAIK Studio probably doesn't need Java anymore, but I don't know for the latest MultiTerm 2015/2017.

Thank you,
Mike
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Studio does not use Java Jan 21, 2017

since at least version 2014 SP2. Multiterm as well.

[Edited at 2017-01-21 19:09 GMT]

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Natalie! Jan 21, 2017

Thank you very much for your quick response, I'm glad to hear about it.
Greetings,
Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015/2017: will these still run correctly if I change Java 32-Bit to Java 64-Bit?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »