Thread poster: Noelia Ruiz Pérez

Noelia Ruiz Pérez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:07
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
Jan 24, 2017

Hi!

I have received a package SDLPPX and I have Studio 2011. When I try to open the package I get the following error message:
"El paquete XXX no se puede abrir porque contiene idiomas que no están configurados para la instalación", something like "Package XXX cant be opened as it has languages nof configured for installation".

The translation is En to Es and my Studio has these languages. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Archiver Jan 24, 2017

Aside from asking directly your client, you could try opening the file with an archive manager, such as 7-zip. This way you'd be able to see the folder structure, including the language pair, to see if there's a problem with that.

Noelia Ruiz Pérez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Yep Jan 24, 2017

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Aside from asking directly your client, you could try opening the file with an archive manager, such as 7-zip. This way you'd be able to see the folder structure, including the language pair, to see if there's a problem with that.

You are right. There is a folder fr-FR when it should be es-ES.
Didn´t want to bother the client without making sure it wasn´t me being slow (headache is killing me).

Thanks so much for your help!

Noelia

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
You're welcome Jan 24, 2017

Glad I could helpicon_smile.gif

Take care.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with a SDLPPX package

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search