Extra activation
Thread poster: Elvira Alves Barry

Elvira Alves Barry  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:46
Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
Jan 27

I just changed from Windows Vista to Windows 10. Of course, Trados 2014 is no longer on the machine and I need to activate it again as soon as possible. I see on the SDL site that I can use an offline "extra activation" but since I have never returned a license before, I'm confused about the installation ID. Should I just return the license first? Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:46
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Returning license Jan 27

It is not possible to return your license if you "wiped" your existing installation from your system (e.g. crash, reinstall). If you have an extra installation available in your SDL account, go ahead and use that. If you then need an additional installation, you can request one, explaining what happened. Or install and then request your second installation (which you must have paid for: it's called Plus) Either way: you have to use the currently available installation first.

[Edited at 2017-01-27 15:36 GMT]

Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
I don't have any more installations left Jan 27

according to my account. That's why I need to get up and running quickly.

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:46
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Contact SDL Jan 27

You need to contact SDL directly and request replacement, explaining what happened. I am not sure you'll get a quick response on Friday afternoon.

Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
That's the trouble Jan 27

I need to know the fastest way to solve the problem, since I no longer have the original operating system. But thanks for your reply, Lianne!

[Edited at 2017-01-27 16:28 GMT]

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:46
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Contact SDL Jan 27

Contact SDL through the following link: https://gateway.sdl.com/webtocase.
I'm not sure if they will reply over the weekend, but this is the fastest way to get help because SDL are the only ones who can reset the license for you.

You might also consider posting this on community.sdl.com, SDL's official forum (which may or may not be monitored during the weekend).

Daniela Miklosikova  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2016)
English to Slovak
+ ...
Most likely Monday Jan 27

Hi,
I had the same problem few weeks ago. Somewhere on their website it's stated that they will reset the licence usually within 24 hours but I don't think they do weekends. Mine was reset on Monday morning. Good luck.

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
If the matter is urgent... Jan 27

If the matter is urgent, you can download a trial copy of the latest Studio edition from SDL website and finish your project there.

Member (2007)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 30

Dear Lianne, Shai, Daniela and Ekaterina,

Thanks to all of you for answering my post. Although I had been unable to download the 2014, it finally allowed me to download a trial version, and I was able to finish the translation on time. I still need to work with SDL on this, but at least this job is done!

Elvira

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
No need to complicate things Jan 30

I'm happy it all worked out in the end but for licensing issues the only viable course of action is to contact SDL (via the form, SDL community at community.sdl.com, or both).
They usually reply and sort out licensing issues very quickly.

Just to follow-up on my previous comment. I had a look at the SDL Community for good measure, and it seems to be monitored over the weekend.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extra activation

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search