Undetected matches in SDL Studio 2017
Thread poster: Pascal DeCubber
Pascal DeCubber
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 30

After aligning 2 documents before starting a large translation, the analysis of the file to be translated gives me a match rate of not even 2%, which surprised me and looked very few to me.
Upon translating my file, I have found out that certain sentences (as a separate segment) are present in the TM (found out with Concordance search), but were not given to me as a match in the right hand column, although exactly the same separate sentence is in the TM (score 99%, Alignment penalty (-1%)).
How is it possible that Studio hasn't put that segment automatically in the right hand column and hasn't indicated anything to me? Probably there are a lot more of those matches I'm going to miss.
Could anyone tell me what I should check or change in the settings in order to solve this problem ?
By the way, I'm using one single TM for this project (the Original TM to which I added the alignment result). In the TM Settings, "Enabled, Lookup, Concordance & Update" were all marked and the minimum match value is set at 70%.
What might be the problem then?
Many thanks in advance for your help!
Pascal De Cubber

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 01:53
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
Hi Pascal, Jan 30

what you mean is setting up your TMs for 'fragment matches'. You will find the answers to your questions on the SDL Community page by searching the terms 'UpLift' and 'Fragment matches'. There are some outstanding articles that explain all indepth.

Greetings,
Mike

[Edited at 2017-01-30 23:13 GMT]

Pascal DeCubber
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Undetected matches in SDL Studio 2017 Jan 31

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply.
I've been looking on the SDL Community page, but not being familiar at all with this issue of fragment matches and UpLift, I couldn't find the answer to my problem.
I'll send a new post on that forum, asking if someone can explain to me in simple words how to solve the problem.
Thanks anyhow!
Pascal

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:53
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Try these suggestions Jan 31

https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2016/11/17/studio-2017-uplift/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Undetected matches in SDL Studio 2017

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search