Kaush Rasto
Japan
Local time: 12:57
Member (2017)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2017

Hello Everyone ,

I am new to Trados . I have SDL Trados Studio 2015 .
I am working in a team with members who use matecat and Trados . Here is my predicament .

1 - I created a new project using Trados and got the SDLXLIFF files in project directory .
2 - Now I gave these SDLXLIFF files to other members and they translated in that using Matecat and returned me the updated SDLXLIFF file .

My question is , how do I replace the new file in Trados ?
I tried to simply replace the file in project directory , but it did not work .
Is there a specific way in Trados to do it ?

Regards
Kaush

Direct link Reply with quote

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:57
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Put them in the target language folder(s) Feb 3, 2017

The translated file(s) should be put in your target language (sub)folder(s) within the project folder. Sdlxliff source files are created in the source language subfolder based on the source files (e.g. in en-us folder) and target files should go in the target language(s) folder(s), e.g. jp-jp. That is: you need to replace the existing (untranslated) target language files with the translated target language files, without changing their names. This is the default location for Studio for translated files. All file names itself are identical, regardless of the language.

Make sure to select files in Studio from the intended target language folder under the little black triangle as in this image (Germany) (select "files" in the bottom left first):
https://localizationlocalisation.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/perfect-match-2-batch-task.png

[Edited at 2017-02-03 02:08 GMT]

Kaush Rasto
Japan
Local time: 12:57
Member (2017)
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Feb 3, 2017

Thanks Lianne . It worked .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to replace a tranlsated SDLXLIFF file from Matecat in SDL Trados

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search