Problem changing the language pairs in SDL Trados 2017
Thread poster: javierxp
javierxp
javierxp
Spain
Feb 4, 2017

Hello, I have a big problem, so I don't know how to solve this...
First of all, my SDL Trados 2017 is in Spanish, so probably I'd refer to some menus in an inaccurate way, okay?

The situation is this:

- I've started to translate a word document, so I just dragged and dropped the document in the Welcome Tab in Trados
- Then I get the typical screen about selecting the language pairs... and this was my BIG ERROR
I've selected Spanish (Modern), and seems
... See more
Hello, I have a big problem, so I don't know how to solve this...
First of all, my SDL Trados 2017 is in Spanish, so probably I'd refer to some menus in an inaccurate way, okay?

The situation is this:

- I've started to translate a word document, so I just dragged and dropped the document in the Welcome Tab in Trados
- Then I get the typical screen about selecting the language pairs... and this was my BIG ERROR
I've selected Spanish (Modern), and seems to be this kind of Spanish don't allow the spell check...
- So... I start to translate and I have confirmed 250 segments, all the day working hard...
and I was wondering, why Trados is not showing me the spell check errors with the typical red line and so on?
- Then, I tried to translate a different document, and I selected a different kind of Spanish... Spanish (Spain, International, Sort) and this, yes, has the spell check activated.

So the problem I need to solve is this:
---------------------------------------------
- I have a project opened from English (US) into Spanish (Modern)...
- I need to change the target language pair...
- I want to change the target language pair from Spanish (Modern)... into Spanish (Spain, International, Sort)

How may I do this?

The normal thing would be:

- Going to the projects tab...
- Doing double click in the project which has the wrong language pair US English into Spanish (Modern)
- Then click in project configuration...
- Then click in Language pairs...

And then I get a window like this (it is in Spanish), see the screenshot, please...

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag418/jg115/trados2017problem_zps4aha9ild.jpg

So how may I remove the Spanish (Modern) target language to replace it with Spanish (Spain, International, Sort)?

The buttons to remove or add languages are in gray all the time, and don't allow me to remove or add languages...

I'd really appreciate your help with this, if possible, please, telling me the steps to follow...

Thanks
Collapse

ILKER GELIR
ILKER GELIR  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
Spahish spellchecker Dec 12, 2017

Hellı Javier,
Trados must know where the dictionary is.
As dictionary in Trados not installed, you must install it in MS Word.
If you add Spanish in MS Word, it adds all variants.
Then, tell Trados to look at MS Word checker.
This may be solved in this way
Best Regards
ILKER GELİR
[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem changing the language pairs in SDL Trados 2017

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »