.wsxz project on more than one computer
Thread poster: upstream4

upstream4
Lithuania
Feb 4, 2017

Hello all,

I have been a member for a while but not much of a poster. However, I am now quite unsure about whether it would be possible to somehow transfer the .wsxz project I am currently working on from one computer onto another, complete it, create return package and forget about it. The thing is, I have two separate copies of Trados Studio 2014 installed on my old computer and another one on my laptop. My laptop had gone into repare a couple of days ago, so I was working on my old computer and received a .wsxz project and started working on it but in a few days time I'll have to go to another town and was thinking of continuing my work on the repaired laptop but now it occured to me there might be problems. I am currently choosing berween three weird options: i) to translate as much as I manage, copy the text with segment numbers and paste those segments on Studio; 2) create my own review file from what I have translated and update from it on my laptop; 3) simply saving my files on a usb key and then try to integrate them with the .wsxz on my laptop.
I don't have much experience with such projects. Are any of those options available? Or will I have to start from the very beginning (which would be sad since I have already translated half of the 700 segments). I cannot consult with the agency because well, it's Saturday, so maybe you guys could help me out here?
Thank you in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.wsxz project on more than one computer

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search