Multiterm 2014 is running in Studio, but does not make any suggestions when I am translating
Thread poster: Michael Harris

Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:44
Member (2006)
German to English
Feb 6, 2017

Multiterm 2014 is running in Studio, but does not make any suggestions when I am translating although the terms are there.
And when I try to search for the terms (just to test) it does not find them either.
I have restarted Studio 2014 a couple of times as well as got rid of and reloaded the multiterm file.
I have even rebooted my computer.
Appreciate any help.

I have tried the same Multiterm file in another project, and it works fine there so it is only a problem in the project that I am working on at the moment, and it is slowing me down

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Hi Michael, Feb 7, 2017

reset the window layout in the editor and this will solve it.
Thanks SDL to eradicate this once and for all...

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-07 00:30 GMT]

Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Feb 7, 2017

Morning Mike,
Thanks a lot, but nope, reset that and there has been no change.
As mentioned, I am only having this problem in this one project.

MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Strange... Feb 7, 2017

In the editor, can you scroll through the terms in the 'Termbase viewer'? This would be the proof that your TB has in fact loaded, all I can say at this point is to check your Project Settings, something must be different than in the other project you mention.
Have you moved the TB file? In this case put it back and: remove the TB from the Settings list and put it in again.

Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-07 01:23 GMT]

Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 7, 2017

MikeTrans wrote:

In the editor, can you scroll through the terms in the 'Termbase viewer'? This would be the proof that your TB has in fact loaded, all I can say at this point is to check your Project Settings, something must be different than in the other project you mention.
Have you moved the TB file? In this case put it back and: remove the TB from the Settings list and put it in again.

Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-07 01:23 GMT]

for your advice Mike. I have finished the project now, but I will be looking into this as it slowed me down considerably, probably one of the drawbacks of getting used to Multiterm.

Michael

Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still having problems Feb 9, 2017

I am still having problems with this topic.
I can have two diffeent projects with my ref multiterm file set in both (as I have always done over the past years) and in the one, it is running perfectly and in the other not at all although it is actually loaded intp the editor.
Another problem that I now have is that my multiterm window has disappeared from the bottom of my window to a pull out tag on the side which is really annoying. How do I get that back to the bottom as I cannot find anything in the help function.

Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Export / Import Feb 9, 2017

I have absolutely no idea why Multiterm does not work, but I have just created a new file, exported the entries from the original file and imported them into the new one and now everything seems to be fine.
It would still be interesting to know what caused this though?

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:44
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Window layout Feb 9, 2017

Hi Michael,

Emma Goldsmith has a couple of very good articles on window layout that can help you move things around. Here's one: https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/12/06/more-display/

Regarding your termbase problem, did you try reorganizing it? Sometimes that helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2014 is running in Studio, but does not make any suggestions when I am translating

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search