Chat with SDL
Thread poster: roak

roak
United States
German to English
Feb 14, 2017

I have issues with SDL product activation and certain errors that I wish to discuss with the SDL team. There is a facility to chat with them. A link was provided on this forum some months ago but I am unable to retrieve it. Can someone be kind enough to let me have that link?

Many Thanks

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:40
English
Post into the SDL Community... Feb 14, 2017

... you can get your issues and questions handled in there: http://xl8.one

Katja Brill
Italy
Member (Feb 2018)
English to German
+ ...
Half-help that makes lose time and solves little to nothing ... Jul 12

Hi trados, this post-a-question-thing makes us lose time and gives only approximative answers.

I actually hate it. You get different replies from different people. Those replies often start with "I don't know if this will work with you ..." or "My problem wasn't exactly like yours, only a bit similar, but you could try this and that." - it's all just tentative. In my case none of the solutions worked. Other problem: If things go bad you don't get a reply at all.

Why not a chat with people who actually know how to solve problems. For such a complex application a well-informed, easily to reach customer desk is a must.

When I switch from trados to a differen CAT-tool it will most probably because of this terrible help-desk situation of yours.

Best regards,
Katja Brill

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Support Contract? Jul 12

Why don't you take a support contract? If you do that you will always be able to speak to a qualified support engineer and you get your upgrades incuded.

I also don't know how often you have tried in the SDL Community but I can only find one question you have asked in there and you did get two responses. You didn't come back to either of them?

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/t/14785

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chat with SDL

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search