Thread poster: Cristian Sălăjan

Cristian Sălăjan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 15:27
French to Romanian
+ ...
Feb 22, 2017

Hello Trados users!

I have a file where most 98%+ matches are basically perfect matches - just a space or tag here and there differ. I pretranslated the file with 98% minimum match, thinking that I would be able to go through them and maybe see the differences when clicking on each segment. So I populate the TM with all 98% matches but when I select such a match, in the TM window I only see all other inferior matches (not the 98% one that was copied to my segment). Obviously, I can't see the differences this way. Any clues?

Thanks!

(Explanation: I have 5500+ 98% matches and any time I can save with individual confirmation is worth it. I'd rather go through the matches when I QA and just click on them, so I will only need to change and reconfirm the ones that actually have differences. Hopefully that makes sense.)

Direct link Reply with quote

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 14:27
Italian to German
+ ...
RegEx maybe useful here Feb 22, 2017

Hello Cristian,
if your 98% matches are missing a constant string to fill-up to a 100%, then you may use Search & Replace with Regular Expressions in order to replace all occurences at the same time, so you don't need to go separately through all these segments. Here is a RegEx example:

Let's say your 98% is missing the [expression] to make it 100%. In the S&R you would chose

find:.................^(.*)
replace with:....[expression]${1}
Chose 'Current Selection' and 'Regular Expressions'.

This will save you some time.
Greetings,
Mike

[Edited at 2017-02-22 16:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange Batch Pretranslate problem: Studio 2015

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search