Verifying whether a specific word from source is included in target section
Thread poster: Lenart
Lenart
Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 10:17
Mar 2, 2017

Hello,

I am wondering whether SLD studio offers an option to verify, whether a specific word from a source section is included in a target section.

With other words, is it possible for SDL studio to execute this rule:
„If source contains word XYZ, than target has to contain word XYZ as well“ (if the XYZ is not included in target, I would like an error to pop up)

Moreover, is it possible for SDL studio to execute this rule:
„If source conta
... See more
Hello,

I am wondering whether SLD studio offers an option to verify, whether a specific word from a source section is included in a target section.

With other words, is it possible for SDL studio to execute this rule:
„If source contains word XYZ, than target has to contain word XYZ as well“ (if the XYZ is not included in target, I would like an error to pop up)

Moreover, is it possible for SDL studio to execute this rule:
„If source contains word XYZ, than target has to contain word XXX“ (if the word XXX is not included in target, I would like an error to pop up)

I really appreciate any help you can provide

best regards, L
Collapse

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Just find and look. Mar 2, 2017

Edition>Find:
Find what: XYZ.
Look in: Source.
Then click on "Find Next" and verify with your own eyes whether the Target column includes the XYZ, or XXX word depending on the requirements.
I don't know a more sophisticated and automated method.

HTH
AM

[Zmieniono 2017-03-02 12:49 GMT]

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
QA has such a function Mar 2, 2017

Hello,
you can do that by setting up the Verify (QA) functions; you load a termbase and check if these terms are used or are similar (a fuzzy setting is possible). Also you can define a list of words to be changed or which are disallowed.

Mike

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:17
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Regex rule Mar 2, 2017

Another alternative is to set up a Regex rule in your verification settings. Here's an example of a similar rule for a simple check:

2017-03-02_071315

Lenart
Luxembourg
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 2, 2017

Thank you very much for all the answers!

That is exactly what I was looking for.

L

Lenart
Luxembourg
TOPIC STARTER
subquestion Mar 11, 2017

I have one more question similar to the first one.

Is it also possible to verify, whether all variables (words underlined in blue) from a source section are included in a target section?

thank you for considering it

Lenart
Luxembourg
TOPIC STARTER
subquestion 2 Mar 12, 2017

Is it also possible to verify, whether a number of sentences in target is the same as number of sentences in source?

thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Verifying whether a specific word from source is included in target section

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »