Is it possible to change an auto-substitution date form?
Thread poster: Lenart

Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 02:24
Mar 4, 2017

Hello,

I would like to change the way date is s automatically adapted to target language.

Example> SDL automatically translate date to 4. marec 2017. However, because of the specific nature of my texts, I always need 4. marca 2017.

Do I have to change that manually every time or there is an automated way to do that. I don’t find an option to change that in Auto–substitution settings?

(I tried to copy paste a screen shot in this poste, but I don’t manage to do it. Does copy-paste normally work on this forum?)

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

L

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
date and time auto-substitution Mar 4, 2017

The choices for data format are TM-specific and language pair-specific. If you've got a project open, change the project settings and if not, use general options.
In both cases go to language pairs>specific language pair>TM>Auto-substitution>dates and times.

This may not help you if you need a different spelling for months and it's not offered in the above setting. Maybe you could set up a new TM with a different language variant?

(To upload screenshots, drag them into the box called "upload images". You can't simply copy and paste images.)

Lenart  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
TOPIC STARTER
Emma, thank you for your answer. Mar 6, 2017

I just need a different spelling of a month (numbers are ok) and so far I didn’t find any solution for this. (If I choose a different language variant, spelling will still not be the way I wish).

(About copy paste > I don’t see any I box called "upload images". I have just two boxes. First is „Title of your reply“ and second is „Topic body“. If I try to paste a screenshot of any of those, it doesn't work)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to change an auto-substitution date form?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search