how to enable auto-space for AutoSuggest suggestions?
Thread poster: aruban

aruban
Taiwan
Mar 5, 2017

I've my own termbase and I've enabled AutoSuggest function in my project.

Now my question is, during translation in Editor View, after I select an English term from the little suggestion popup window, how can I let it add an ensuing/trailing space automatically?

This is an oft-used typing function in most smartphones. Wonder if Trados 2014 has similar function as well? (It comes only with Auto-substitution, obviously not what i want)

I often have to type at length. Am desperate for some ways to avoid doing that much typing. Thanks~!

PS: Alternatively, I manually add a space to new terms in Termbase Viewer. But Trados will remove all space I added the first time a term is added. I've to edit it and add space again. What a plague!

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 17:45
Italian to German
+ ...
You cannot I think Mar 5, 2017

Hello,
you cannot set this in the options, and there is no trick I know to enable this. You could make a proposal in SDL Community so people could vote for it.

Mike

aruban
Taiwan
TOPIC STARTER
how to proffer a suggestion to sdl direct? Mar 5, 2017

Thanks mike, but does that mean I need to register for sdl community first? Is there any other faster means (email, online comment) for a non-member to proffer a suggestion to sdl direct without signing in?

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Why Mar 5, 2017

aruban wrote:
...to sdl direct without signing in?

are you afraid of signing in?

aruban
Taiwan
TOPIC STARTER
nope for sure Mar 5, 2017

just that the trados I'm using at work and at home is my company's licensed copy (it's not a freelancer copy). Will it ask for info I've no access to during registration? (if so, I've to ask PM -- just for the sake of floating suggestions). So an email or sth seems to make things easier...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You do need to sign in... Mar 6, 2017

aruban wrote:

Thanks mike, but does that mean I need to register for sdl community first? Is there any other faster means (email, online comment) for a non-member to proffer a suggestion to sdl direct without signing in?

... but you have to sign in to ProZ as well don't you? The credentials to the SDL Community are also a single sign on with your MySDL account so if you have licences for our software you already have an account. In your case, if you are using a licence provided by your company then this doesn't preclude you from using the SDL Community. The sign up process is simple and doesn't ask about your products at all.

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

aruban
Taiwan
TOPIC STARTER
Will give it a try. Mar 6, 2017

thanks for all the detail! Since the technician did all the license and installation things of CATs (yea, ive to use a vast array of both computer-based and cloud-based CATs at work) for me, perhaps i have to ask about the sdl a/c (i dun need to bother myself with a/c management in compnay, that's the task of PM and senior mgr). ~

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to enable auto-space for AutoSuggest suggestions?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search