Trados Freelance 6.5 Help importing glossaries /dictionnaries
Thread poster: abiggers

abiggers
Local time: 04:58
English to French
Apr 12, 2005

I bought Trados Freelance two weeks ago. I have found the manuals/user guides very frustrating to work with.

Here is my issue: I saved on my deskop dictionnaries that I have been able to find on the web. For better access, I would like to organize them. I 'd like to use Multiterm to create multiterm termbases. How do I do that? What would be the steps?

Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:58
English to German
+ ...
Tutorials / File Format Reference Guide Apr 13, 2005

Hi Amal,
I bought Trados Freelance two weeks ago. I have found the manuals/user guides very frustrating to work with.

The tutorials are a good way to start; also, the File Formats Reference Guide gives a good overview of workflows for different file types.

Both will have been installed with the software.

Here is my issue: I saved on my deskop dictionnaries that I have been able to find on the web. For better access, I would like to organize them. I 'd like to use Multiterm to create multiterm termbases. How do I do that? What would be the steps?

To give you a definitive answer, we would need to know which format these termbases are in. On a general note, MultiTerm has a conversion utility called MT Convert, which allows you to import from Excel or tab-delimited/comma-separated files.

Best regards,
Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Freelance 6.5 Help importing glossaries /dictionnaries

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search