Thread poster: LegalTransform

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:50
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 11

Unlike with Trados Studio 2011, after confirming a segment in Tradios Studio 2017, when there is a 100% match or CM, it does not automatically confirm that segment and go to the next unconfirmed segment, such that I have to continuously confirm matches.

I have the following settings checked:
Enable Auto Propogation
Auto Propogate exact matches
Confirm segment after auto propogation

When auto propogating a segment with match, prompt user:
NEVER

What else am I missing?

Thanks

[Edited at 2017-03-11 17:34 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 06:50
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You can confirm all segments at the end Mar 11

I would not confirm the autopropagated segments before I'm actually finished with the translation and am happy with it. Otherwise I don't believe Studio will propagate to segments that are already confirmed.

Then before I finish the whole project, I choose all segments in the project (by clicking to the left of the first segment, move to the last one and click it while holding down Shift - or Ctr (I am suddenly unsure which) so that all are chosen). Right click -> Change segment status -> confirm.

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:50
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Works just fine Mar 12

... and was never a problem in previous versions. Check your settings.
It may be that your Auto-propagation starts from the first segment in the document rather than the next segment.
HTH,
Sandra

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:50
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
& Roy Mar 12

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I would not confirm the autopropagated segments before I'm actually finished with the translation and am happy with it. Otherwise I don't believe Studio will propagate to segments that are already confirmed.

Yes, it will

Roy Oestensen wrote:
Then before I finish the whole project, I choose all segments in the project (by clicking to the left of the first segment, move to the last one and click it while holding down Shift - or Ctr (I am suddenly unsure which) so that all are chosen). Right click -> Change segment status -> confirm.

This is a particularly cumbersome and ineffective workflow, in which you deprive yourself of auto-propagation and recognized matches during the first run. To review the translation, you could use the Review mode provided for this purpose. Everything gets propagated.

Sandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help need with auto-propogation on Trados Studio 2017

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search